Would you like to be a part of a business that owns and operates one of the UK’s largest interactive platforms for managing commercial vehicle fleet compliance and maintenance?
r2c Online connects fleet operators and workshops, helping them to save time, money and achieve industry best practise through connection and collaboration. We are passionate about our brand, products, customers and employees.
We are on the search for a Software Developer who has a desire to learn and thrives on challenges to join one of our product engineering teams at r2c – one of our fleet management businesses. You will be working with the latest technology with local and global teams focusing on delivering customer value within a people orientated environment. You will also play a key role in helping minimise the risk of software releases and drive down cycle-time in our sprint teams.
Purpose of the role:
We are seeking a talented individual to join us on a journey to help us build great applications and services across the r2c product ecosystem.
We work in partnerships to implement new products using technologies such as: Flutter, React JS, ASP.NET, .Net Core, SQL Server, Mulesoft, Azure as well as starting our journey into serverless through AWS.
You will work closely with other software engineers and designers across many platforms and technologies to craft a beautiful application ecosystem which is consistent, useable and reliable. You will also be a part of our local communities of practise to help identify new technologies which could be used to help us gain a competitive advantage in the dynamic payments industry.
- Active contributor to the execution of our Digital and Technology strategy.
- Work collaboratively and contribute to continuous improvement within a team, providing honest and open feedback based on your experience.
- Help drive alignment with the architectural roadmap.
- Mentor and coach our junior software engineers.
- Maintaining a productive working environment for development teams.
- Provide technical thought to leadership.
- Design and implement smart ways of storing and displaying complex data.
- Write excellent and extensible code, adhering to coding and commenting standards, while following best practise.
- Take a TDD and BDD approach to writing code.
- Undertake roles required as a part of an agile development team to design, build and deploy applications in line with the business needs and priorities.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity of new technologies and know where it’s appropriate to use them.
- Demonstrate experience in software development within a SaaS oriented development environment.
- Ability to think iteratively relating to architectural boundaries.
- Track record in delivering agile development software using the appropriate tools.
- Clear understanding and experience of DevOps and why it’s beneficial to development teams.
- Exposure to DevSecOps.
- Experience with working with micro services (we use Azure, FaaS and .NET Core).
- Experiences and understanding in using development tools such as Azure Devops, Confluence and GitHub.
- Experience of AWS native services.
- Recognises the importance of the customer through gaining feedback and using it as a basis for decision making, sharing key findings and stories of exceptional customer service with colleagues.
- Takes responsibility, owns any issues and and resolves them through identifying and working with the relevant individuals.
- Coaches and provides technical leadership to less experienced team members.
- Reflects constructively and remains positive when faced with setbacks and continues to work towards a solution. Considers the impact of decisions and reviews decisions as required.
- Takes advantages of every opportunity to communicate relevant information remaining mindful of the audience (e.g. translates complex/technical issues to meet the audience’s competency level).
- Developing professional and effective working relationships with internal teams and partner suppliers is essential. Our sprint teams are built upon trusting and supportive relationships.
Tools we currently use:
- VS.Code, VS.NET, Rider, Resharper
- Moving to Jira (we use this globally)
- Back end .NET (C#. ASP.NET), REST/SOAP services delivered by webAPI
- Cloud: Azure FaaS, CosmoDB, AWS (Multiple services in use)
- Sonar Qube
- SQL Server
- Source control – TFS, ADO and Git
- Dapper, Log4Net
- AutoFac, MSTest
- CI/CD – ADO, Octopus Deploy 7 GitLab
- Variety of test tools and automation frameworks (TFS, MTM, SpecFlow, Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, Guerkin etc)
What we offer you:
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer these phenomenal benefits:
- FREE Private medical insurance through Vitality which offers additional benefits
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- A generous company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Employee fuel card
- Great team and working environment
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- SHEFFIELD: reliably commute or relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- SQL: 3 years (preferred)
- Jira: 3 years (preferred)
- AWS: 3 years (preferred)
- .NET: 3 years (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
- Hybrid remote in SHEFFIELD