Transforming defect management in complex fleet and workshop operations.
The Co-operative’s food distribution department is split across eight regional distribution centres, with each one serving thousands of stores across the UK each day. To manage such a large operation, organised digital data and monitored fleet health is key.
The way things used to be:
- Distribution centres found themselves too busy for demanding manual admin tasks
- Driver defect reports were handwritten and risked being late
- Admin issues were affected internal fleet
- Co-op wanted speedy defect management across the fleet, from driver through to completion in the workshop.
Problems they faced & how r2c solved them:
- Co-op have temporary staff so needed a user-friendly system that would not need excessive training - r2c is easy to use and only requires basic training
- System needed to be used flexibly across multiple sites - r2c is cloud-based so can be accessed easily from any location with an internet connection
- Co-op needed a quick implementation - they took just 10 days to set up with r2c from start to finish.
Additional benefits they’ve found:
- Over £21,000 in cost-savings per year
- Digital vehicle file and real-time driver check reports
reduced admin time significantly
- Improved workshop productivity and efficiency