r2c Online is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. You are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is r2c Online Limited, 2 Vantage Drive, Sheffield, S9 1RG.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites, including personal information (name, email address and telephone number), financial or company information that you disclose when agreeing to purchase any of our products or services.
- Account usage information, lists and templates stored by you on our sites including the frequency and size of your mailings.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and ask for information if you report a problem with our sites.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We use a cookie file on our sites to store your user account information to improve the usability of our sites. A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved data.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please refer to our Cookies Policy document.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. You may at any time opt out of receiving mailings from us by using the unsubscribe link provided on these mailings. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If r2c Online Limited is or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- to communicate with you about the Services. We need to keep you informed about your use of the Services for example sending you a confirmation email of your service. This won’t include marketing communications unless you have given us your consent to receive these; and
- to improve our Services. We may use your personal information to: personalise aspects of our service; for market research; and to use our smart search services. We constantly aim to improve our Services to you and using your personal information in this way helps us to do this.
Accuracy of data
We will seek to keep your data and information accurate and up to date but can only do so effectively if you provide us with the information we need to enable us to do so. If there are changes to your data, for example a change in your email address, you are responsible for notifying us of those changes so we can up-date our records.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time, via the link received in emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting our Customer Services team on +44 (0)114 399 2430 – lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.30 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by providers for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies for further information about unsubscribing.
Right to opt out
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, collaborators and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Right to erasure
You have the right to obtain from r2c Online Limited the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay and r2c Online Limited shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which r2c Online Limited originally collected or processed it for.
- r2c Online Limited are relying on consent as lawful basis for holding the data, and you withdraw your consent.
- r2c Online Limited are relying on legitimate interests as basis for processing, you object to the processing of your data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing.
- r2c Online Limited are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and you object to that processing.
- r2c Online Limited have processed the personal data unlawfully (ie in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle).
- r2c Online Limited have to do it to comply with a legal obligation.
- r2c Online Limited have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.
Where r2c Online Limited has made the personal data public and is obliged pursuant to paragraph 1 to erase the personal data, r2c Online Limited, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
Paragraphs 1 and 2 above shall not apply if processing is necessary for one of the following reasons:
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
- to comply with a legal obligation.
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance special category data articles;
- if the processing is necessary for public health purposes in the public interest (eg protecting against serious cross-border threats to health, or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices); or
- if the processing is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine (eg where the processing is necessary for the working capacity of an employee; for medical diagnosis; for the provision of health or social care; or for the management of health or social care systems or services). This only applies where the data is being processed by or under the responsibility of a professional subject to a legal obligation of professional secrecy (eg a health professional).
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes where erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of that processing.
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to rectification
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified. You may also be able to have incomplete personal data completed – although this will depend on the purposes for the processing. This may involve providing a supplementary statement to the incomplete data (see section 8 for more details).
Right of access
You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
You have the right to obtain;
- confirmation that your data is being processed;
- access to your personal data; and
- other supplementary information.
Right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.
This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
When processing is restricted, r2c Online Limited will be permitted to store the personal data, but not use it.
r2c Online Limited have one calendar month to respond to a request.
Right to data portability
You have the right to data portability, this allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
It allows you to move, copy or transfer your personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
The right to data portability only applies:
- to personal data you have provided to r2c Online Limited;
- where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract; and
- when processing is carried out by automated means.
r2c Online Limited must respond without undue delay, and within one calendar month.
Right to object
You have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
If you are not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.